Featured in

Featured in: Tiny Buddha, Halifax Media Coop, Fine Fit Day, Simplify the Season, La Presse, Filles, Le Canada-Français

Saturday, May 18, 2013

There's no such thing as too much blue

Blue skies of Halifax.


It was so much fun writing a post about green that I decided to go on to the next best color in nature... blue.

Plus, blue being a soothing color, I'm hoping it will calm my nerves from the excitement of tomorrow's race!

I will not even bother you, readers, with long text today. Rather, I will simply share some photos I have taken over the years that have blue as the main protagonist. Read the caption for more info on the where, when and why.

First job, as a lifeguard. It does not get much better than spending your days watching a lake from the vantage point of a lifeguard chair.
We also took turns at patrolling in a kayak.
Ah! those were the good times! Quebec, 1993-1994.



The love of water has now been transmitted to my progeny.
Crete, Greece, 2012.


Water can indeed be playful. Here, Theodore II. Halifax.


More of Halifax harbor. Taken from aboard tall ship Silva.


The Tall Ship event might be one of my favorite
"interesting picture taking" opportunity! Here's one.


And another one.


All those ships shouldn't make us forget another means of transportation that's closely related to blue, namely, the airplane!


Again, Peggy's Cove. This place never fails to take my breath away. And it's only about 30 minutes from home!


The quintessential place to take "blue pictures" is Greece,
of course. Here, Santorini.


Santorini again! The caldera. 


The island of Crete (Greece also) is not bad either!


Another view of the fortress. Crete, Greece.


Gazing further away. Crete, Greece.


Really, a blue backdrop never hurts. Athens, Greece.


Back to colder climates...
If it wasn't for blue, what color would we have in the winter?
Nova Scotia.


I must have had a premonition that R's eyes would stay blue, because when she was a newborn, and hospitalized for prematurity, the song I sang to her over and over again was all about blue eyes (and the strength of my love):




If you like French songs, try those other ones, all about the ocean:

Charles Trenet - La Mer


Jacques Brel - Une Île


Serge Lama - Les Vagues de la mer


Michel Rivard - Je voudrais voir la mer


What's your favorite hue of blue? Have you ever lied down on the grass and watched the clouds drift away? Do you feel hypnotized by the ocean, just like I do?

3 comments:

  1. "Deep greens and blues are the colors I choose.
    Won't you let me go down in my dreams
    And rockabye sweet baby James..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Waiting for summer, his pastures to change.
      And as the moon rises he sits by his fire"

      Delete
  2. I love playing with colours now that I have started painting again. Inverting, enhancing, modifying, blurring them. Peggy's Cove is a favourite as well :-)
    M

    ReplyDelete