Featured in

Featured in: Tiny Buddha, Halifax Media Coop, Fine Fit Day, Simplify the Season, La Presse, Filles, Le Canada-Français

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Taboo crushing

grbenching, Flickr


Don't have time to write a long blog post? (That's unfortunately a common problem for all of us hard workers.)

Too busy translating wonderful terms such as erythema nodosumfebrile neutropeniaand petechiae? (That's probably much less common, but nonetheless my case this precise day.)

Still want to keep your blog alive and thriving?

Despair not, fellow bloggers! There's a way to do this!

How? Simple.

1) Pick a couple of well-chosen links and videos that gravitate around one specific topic;

2) Find a common theme that will become your post's title;

3) Publish it all!

I did that here:

http://happinessdishbestsavouredhot.blogspot.ca/2013/05/friday-fun-lets-laugh-about-sex-baby.html

And time constraints are forcing me to do it again today. Here are my two taboo crushing videos of the day (they are short enough for you busy people!)

This one is cute:





That one? I'll let you judge:





And there, an article that seems to be about something very specific, but that nonetheless ends up talking to all of us:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-rohrer/how-do-you-find-self-worth-when-you-dont-like-yourself_b_3658485.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false



Did you learn something here?

What did those topics evoke for you?

Any other taboo you would like me to crush?









23 comments:

  1. With a blogger like you Julie soon there will be no more taboos!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked all the links except for the cucumber chopping. That hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never look at Nutella the same way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! me neither! :-)

      But, between you and I, the ingredients are not much better.

      Plus, I'm allergic. :-p

      Delete
  4. Hi Julie...my reaction to the two videos on this post and the huffington post article in sequential order are...
    1. oh my !?!
    2. OHHH.....YEAHHHH BABY!!!!
    3. I wonder if my brother who just divorced for the 4th time might be gay?

    Any other taboos I'd like to see you crush? Lesbian Nazi Hookers abducted by UFO's and forced into weight loss programs. (UHF)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, is that a taboo? And I've been talking about it openly all that time? LOL

      I'll see what I can do! hahaha :-)

      Delete
    2. Loved the links! Though the last one was a bit depressing, especially some of the cattiness in the comments. Makes me love the way our own blog community is so much more supportive.

      Oh, and one of my favorite indie movies that never got a broad release was "Codependent Lesbian Space Alien Seeks Same..." no hookers or Nazi's but a kick nonetheless. http://www.codependentlesbianspacealienseekssame.com

      Delete
    3. Had no idea such a movie existed, Crabby! Thanks for your input! The trailer sounds promising... :-)

      Delete
  5. That camp gyno video was pretty "cute"!!
    Fun little post today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short and sweet video and short and sweet post! :-)

      Delete
  6. Taboos are to readie

    as videos to the needy

    short can be speedy

    I'm loving the graffiti!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. This short comment of yours, with its rhymes and its tone
      Says what it has to say in a poetic way
      The rhymes are beautiful, shortness I will condone
      That is talent indeed! You have a wondrous day.

      Bonus question: what poetic process have I used here? (Hint: say the poem out loud, pronouncing all the syllables.) ;-)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Diane. I did not create much other than a collage of other creations... ;-)

      Delete
  8. I just really the box car pic :-) Here's legit taboo topic: Suicide. Everyone thinks about it, nobody wishes to admit it. Just a theory...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emergefit,

      You are right, that's a big taboo, and I don't think I've talked about it on my blog yet (I have talked about depression). I will keep it in mind.

      Delete
    2. http://contemplativefitness.me/2009/08/01/exercise-and-a-clear-head/

      Delete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I'm so glad I found yours. I agree with Diane--you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope to read you again soon! :-)

      Delete
  10. Ha Ha! My latest blog post was a GOTTA POST SOMETHING QUICK post! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do! :-)

      Delete